Saturday, January 22, 2011

A.

My friend Angelic from my fashion school has a fantastic blog. She is always up-to-date with fashion and has great taste. Her blog is The Chic That Happened and she posts photos magazines spreads from the runway, inspiration, and her outfits. She has great styling. :)



How did you start blogging?
I started blogging to learn more and to soak in more and to, of course, write about it. I haven't been blogging for long, but already I've learned so much about fashion and style. Not to mention all the new designers I've learned about. 


How you would describe your style?
I can't say that I have a certain style, I don't think I've evolved enough yet. I really just dress however I feel.




What/ who inspires you to dress the way you do?
Oh my, I get inspired by everything! It can be something complex like a character and then it can be something as simple as leaf that will suddenly make me want to wear that specific color of green.


How do you decide what to wear when you get up in the morning?
Its a long process. Basically, I rifle through all my clothes and layout a couple different options according to my mood. From that point on it gets a little crazy. Either I'll piece something together perfectly and be happy or I'll have a slight meltdown, think of something that would make the outfit more interesting, and then run around the house looking for it because,  of course, it won't be where I can see it at that point.



What do you do in your spare time?
I read. I love books and I always get lost in fantasy worlds. If I'm not doing that, I'm eating or listening to weird music. 

Where do you shop?
Most of my shopping is at vintage stores, that's where the best stuff usually is. I like pieces that are different, to me they my reliable clothing. Other than that its TJ Maxx, but I recommend it just for basics. I never really find anything unique there. 



What is your favourite piece of clothing?
At the moment its a pants suit my mom gave me from back in her day.


What is your favourite trend?
That's a hard one. I like trends and they can be helpful sometimes for lack of inspiration, but I try my best to stay away from them and sometimes its not easy. The challenge of coming up with something original is fun.


Is there an item you are currently looking for?
Yes, I'm currently looking for shoes with a chunky heel. To be honest, I'm scared of the flat platform that's been on the runway for Spring.


Quality or Quantity? 
Quality. Quality is one of the reasons why I love vintage stores, most of the time I find good quality things there. There is nothing like having a piece of clothing that wont die after the third wash.




Do you have a favorite designer(s)? Who is it and why?
I like a lot of designers, but the one I'm currently obsessed with is Christopher Kane. I fell in love with the nebula dresses and this season when he pulled out neon skirts that almost made me dizzy, I just knew he was pure genius.


What do you hope to do in the future?
 I hope to be wholly happy. Its only then that I'll know I'm doing the right thing. I want to pursue fashion and explore it like a fashionable Marco Polo, because I just love it.





Your fashion advice to others?
Be yourself. I know it sounds a like all the teen help magazines, but honestly there's something so satisfying about being yourself. As long as you're happy with you, you can wear anything and feel good.

No comments: