Sunday, May 29, 2011

little white honest lies.

Hello! :) I hope you are all having a great weekend so far. I'm still trying to gather all my prom pictures so that might take awhile sorry. :/ So I decided to put an outfit post to fill up space. 

The title of this post is from the title of my friend, Anum's, blog. So tomorrow is Memorial Day, which for some fashion followers is the day when you can start wearing white, especially white denim. Well, here is my spin on it. I think this rule only applies to some places in the US, where it is colder right before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. The rule came around the 1950s and 1960s but it was only applied to white dress shoes and pumps for they could not survive the rain and winters. Somehow, it came across to clothing too. But in my mind, since I live in California, it doesn't really matter. Just wear it when the weather seems right. I actually wore this outfit back in April and the weather was lovely. 

I had actually bought these pants my freshman year, but since I had gained weight I hadn't been able to wear them since. They were stuffed to the back in my closet in hopes I could wear them again. I took them out again a couple months ago and put them back on and they fit! Perfectly, maybe even a little bit loose. It made me feel really great.

Anyway, I was inspired by an ad to wear this colour scheme. I'm not quite sure which one it was. 
Shirt and white denim pants from American Eagle, Franco Sarto wedges, necklace and bag from my mum, vintage belt, and Betsey Johnson sunglasses.

So don't be afraid to wear your white denim!

Love, Jenae.

No comments: