Tuesday, April 13, 2010

the news.

Hello everyone! I'm finally taking time out from my work to tell you what's up. So, on Easter I finally signed up for my pre-college high school art experience classes at Academy of Arts in San Francisco. I signed up for 3 classes which are each three hours long which are Fashion Illustration, Fashion Journalism, and Fashion Merchandising. Here is my schedule.

Monday: Fashion Journalism 12pm-2:50pm & Fashion Illustration 3:30pm-6:20pm
Tuesday: Fashion Merchandising 12pm-2:50pm
Thursday: Fashion Journalism 12pm-2:50pm & Fashion Illustration 3:30pm-6:20pm
Friday: Fashion Merchandising 12pm-2:50pm

So, I'm going to be there 4 days a week this summer from June 21 to Aug 11. And since I'm going to be spending so much time in the city my Mum suggested getting a job there so I'm thinking about applying to American Apparel. It's about a mile away from the school but only a few minutes but bus. I've talked to some girls who work there and I've looked at the application online and I think they'll be very accepting of a youngin' like me. :D

It's crazy. I'm going to be taking BART every single day, and San Francisco is going to become like my second home. I know it's going to be alot of work but also alot of fun. I mean, I'm going to school for something I actually like and care about. Going to school for something I actually take interest in? It's weird. So, I probably won't have a hard time keeping up with the work right? And the nice lady that I talked to said that i picked a good mix of classes and that the Fashion Merchandising class will be alot of fun because we take alot of field trips; going to the boutiques and meeting all the fashion buyers.

So this summer, my blog will also have entries of my life and experiences in the city. This is insane.

One thing that I'm kind of worried about is that I'll be so busy that I won't be able to see all the lovely people in my life as much as I want too. :( So please keep my schedule in mind and hopefully this won't eat up my whole summer.

Well, thank you so much for reading and I love you all so much. :)

Love, Jenae.

2 comments:

Jake said...

I am so happy for you!

onlyshowlove said...

Sounds awesome! I hope it all works out for you. =]