Friday, January 27, 2012

Something About Everything About Something.

Last month, Parker and I went to San Francisco to attend the opening gallery of one of my favourite artists, Mark Warren Jacques, called "Something About Everything About Something." at White Walls. (I have a previous post here, explaining how I came to know about him.) I was so thrilled to be able to see his work in person and be able to meet him. You can just tell by talking to him that his work is a reflection of him. Other artists I have come across seem full of themselves and only more interested in the money and business that goes art. What was amazing about Mark was that he was really passionate about his work and payed attention to every single detail of his show. There are so many colours, shapes, and lines, that you have to stop and stare at the piece for awhile. Another thing that I love is how he titles his work. It truly tells the story of the work and it is easy to convey to everyone. He was also willing to talk to me and explain all his work to me. I would describe him as young, cool, friendly, and down to earth. In the future, I would like to own a piece from him.


You can see his work from the gallery here: White Walls.
And his website: Mark Warren Jacques.

Love, Jenae.

No comments: