Saturday, October 8, 2011

starry night.

I've always admired Van Gogh's "Starry Night;" the details, the colours, just the whole feeling and magic of the painting is so intriguing. I still believe he is one of the best painters of all time. I also now feel that the painting has become a part of me. 

When I was in Ceramics last year, we were assigned to created a piece inspired by an artist so I decided to recreate Starry Night on a plate. I had to paint it on with acrylics instead of the Ceramics paint to get all the colours and precision right. The painting part took about two weeks It was worth it because my end product was beautiful and helped me into receiving High Honors in Fine Arts. It really meant a lot to me, especially in my senior year.



Recently I made it into my phone cover, replacing all the pyramid studs I had. I get many compliments on my phone and I really love it.

Sorry, I've been lacking in posts this week. I'm running low on posts and a schedule. Besides a few designers, it's been hard for me to keep up with all the Fashion Weeks so I don't think I'll have any posts about that this year. I haven't really touched my October issues for my magazines. I barely have outfit posts of myself since I only have school two days a week and most days they are good but not picture worthy because of having to dress for comfort because I'm out of the house for a full 12 or more hours those days. 

I also now have a babysitting job two days a week all day. Two twin one year old girls! They are really adorable but A LOT  of work. It's worth it though.

I have new ideas for my blog though so it's not all so disappointing. It's going to be really awesome and different. 

 Have a great weekend! I am in love with this colder weather. It makes me so extremely happy.

Love, Jenae.

No comments: