Thursday, June 30, 2011

Crimson Red.

Finally, Senior Ball.

The dress: My mum and I searched all if the Bay Area for a dress in store but found nothing. So we resorted to online. We found this site the creates dresses based off celebrity dresses, and all you had to do was give them your custom measurements and they'll make it for you, in any colour you want. This was perfect for me since finding long dresses is so difficult for my 5'2" frame. For Senior Ball, I always imagined myself in something long, drapey, and romantic; inspired by Alexander McQueen's Fall 2008 RTW. I was also inspired to have my dress be made in red by the song "Crimson Red," by Holiday Parade. It's one of my favourite songs. So I ordered the dress, and it came about a month later, just in time, and it fit perfectly. 



Crimson Red - Holiday Parade.

Bringing it together: I paired it with nude patent leather peep-toe slingback heels from Steve Madden (which you unfortunately cannot see), Givenchy earrings and necklace, and the clutch and ring are vintage. I also borrowed some gold OPI nail polish from my dear friends Emily and Amanda. My mum helped me with my hair and I had my friend Natalia as my makeup artist.

My date: I asked my best friend Josh a month before. If you didn't get the chance to see how I asked him, watch the video of our story here. After I gave him the book he had asked me what he should wear. I told him that I didn't want him to match because I think that's tacky; I wanted us to look like celebrities. I asked for black and white with a bow tie. Simple as that. He also asked me if I wanted a corsage. I told him no, because I saw no point in it. But on the day, he was so sweet he got one for me anyway. It was a rose which went with my outfit perfectly. I never showed him what my dress looked like, only the colour. But Josh was the perfect date, I was all smiles the entire night.


And queue a corny prom picture. The location of the ball was at the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, so it was cool going around in the aquarium in a fancy dress. The night was a dream though.  I wouldn't of had it any other way.

Love, Jenae.

No comments: