Saturday, April 16, 2011

Last Day of Fashion School.

My last Final Exhibition for pre-college classes! How sad. I think Academy of Art has really helped me take a step forward in my future career in the fashion industry. I have had amazing teachers who have taught me so much and I have made a lot of really special friends that I will keep for the rest of my life! 

So last Saturday, I showed off my mini-collection I made for my Fashion Design class. We had to create a concept then make a six piece collection off that idea. We had a mood board that expresses our concept and has our colour story along with fabric swatches, sketch books for inspiration and other ideas, and our six piece collection all lined up. A lot of people in my class had really great ideas. Sorry that I didn't get pictures of everyones! :/

Mood board from Jazmine. Really lovely.
Mood board from Xenia.
Mood board and collection from Veronica. The only girl who did a menswear collection. Amazing right?


My amazing teacher Siofra, me, Danielle, and Jazmine.

I was going to put my collection into this post but I realized as I was typing that I should to have a separate post showing my whole process. Sorry, you'll have to wait a bit longer. 

I hope you are having a great weekend! I am currently off to a weekend by the beach with some friends! It's so nice to finally have a break! 

Love, Jenae.

2 comments:

Sammi said...

Sounds like so much fun. And the mood boards are amazing. I'll have to take that class next semester.
Eat your heart out,
Sammi

Maddalena said...

lovely!