Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bill Cunningham New York.



Last year, when I was first visiting the Academy of Art. I has sat down and talked to San Francisco famous Dino-Ray. Dino- Ray is the Editor-at-Large for AAU's 180 magazine. Dino-Ray is a very interesting figure. He goes against the grain in most everything and is unphased by Lady Gaga (my jaw had dropped when he had said that during a guest speaking for my summer Fashion Journalism program). He has a different view of fashion than the most of us. He is very underground and trying to pick up on something new. So I was extremely intimidated when I was talking to him and froze up and when he asked me my favourite magazine I squeaked out a "Teen Vogue," completely forgetting about all the other magazines I read. 

Dino-Ray had suggested I look up Bill Cunningham. Bill Cunningham is an older man who wanders around the streets of New York taking pictures and creating soundslides with his opinion on what people are wearing. He just doesn't look for the celebrities but just people who dress uniquely.

I am really excited to see that there is now a film on him.

Well, I hope you all are having a good day. It's a rainy, blustery day in California.

Love, Jenae.

No comments: