Saturday, November 6, 2010

smells like teen spirit.

Hello everyone! :) I hope you had a good week. I did. At  my school we had Spirit Week. My senior class have different days to dress up for. Through these days I still tried to keep it as fashionable as possible. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be me.

Army Day.
Vintage brooches and pins, vintage shirt, vintage belt, American Eagle military skinnies, Kim Rodgers boots, Marc by Marc Jacobs watch, and camo jacket borrowed from Andre.

For all the pins I was inspired by the J. Crew Fall 2010 RTW.

70's Day.
Mix of vintage and dream catchers, vintage flannel from my brother, vintage vest, vintage belt, vintage Ralph Lauren shorts, and Minnetonka fringe boots.

Face paint is obviously inspired by David Bowie's Aladdin Sane album if you didn't figure it out already. I think i got inspiration for this from That 70's show, my mum's yearbook, and Nikki Reed is Lords of Dogtown. Speaking of...

Celebrity Day.
Zephyr shirt from online, and American Apparel shorts.

I was Stacey Peralta from Lords of Dogtown. not a lot of people know who that is sadly. He was one of the three legendary skateboarders from the 70's who created vertical skateboarding (skating in swimming pools).  He had to earn his spot on the Zephyr competition team and that is the shirt they would wear along with socks and blue Vans. It's my favourite movie of all time. I had a whole outfit shot but my camera sucks.

Nerd Day.
Isaac Mizrahi for Target gingham shirt, bowtie necklace I made, suspenders borrowed from Kaylee, Halogen high-waisted shorts, H&M tights, Marc by Marc Jacobs watch, and Converse. 

I experimented with pattern mixing here. My sister had said that my outfit was very "Mondo,"  the designer from season 8 of Project Runway, which I find true. I love him. :)

I had a lot of fun dressing up this week. Kind of sad it's over.

Oh well, I hope you all have a great Saturday. Holidays are coming up soon aren't they? Got to start planning.

Love, Jenae.

No comments: