Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Prom Dress.

This dress was quite a process, but I'll finally tell you it's story.

I first saw this Monique Lhuillier dress that was featured on Emma Watson in the August 2009 issue. Probably, my favourite issue of all time.

From right then I was completely in love and knew this would be my dress.

So then I looked up the dress online, and realized that it cost from $2500-$5000.
So of course I realized there's no way and decided to have the lovely Liz Drachnik recreate this dress for me.

So I sent her the picture of this dress but with my moderations.

So for Christmas, I had received a $50 gift certificate to JoAnn Fabrics. At the time I wasn't sure what I was going to use it for then I realized that I'm going to spend it on the materials for my dress. Luckily, I was able to get all the baric I needed for exactly $50! Amazing. So with time it turned into this.

And finally, am I wearing it! I am with the beautiful Alex Drachnik which is Liz's daughter who also made Alex's dress. Amazing, isn't she?


And here am I and my adorable date Justin Bieber. Well, Andre Buettner.

For finishing touches I wore it with a gold braided hairband, a vintage heart locket necklace, my grandma's beautiful jeweled bracelette and ring, gold ball earrings, and my favorite man for heels, Franco Sarto.

Honestly, prom was okay. It was fun sitting out in the cold with my wonderful friends talking about life looking out at the vineyard on the crisp night. But it wasn't worth the stress. There was alost of unncessary running around and drama. There were at least three times where I wanted to break down and cry that day. But the only reason I wanted to go to prom anyway was to wear a pretty dress, which I did. Everybody loved my dress and liked the fact that it was unique from everyone else. I loved the dress, I felt beautiful in it and also like a huge present at times from all the tulle on it. Now the dress is hanging in my closet, waiting for a day to be worn once again. And God knows when that will be. Now just imagine my dress for Senior Ball...

Thank you so much for reading! :) Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Love, Jenae.

2 comments:

onlyshowlove said...

You look amazing.

I bet you can even pull it off with a blazer like Emma did in the first pic, add some dark stockings and wear it to something less fancy.

jenae is today. said...

That sounds great! Thank you! :D And I actually did wear it with this dark mlue military style jacket with gold detailing on it.